Peace
Aug 31, 05:52 PM
lol... September 12th is a Tuesday worldwide :p
Ok..You got me..
What I meant was Tuesday was Sept. 12th in Cupertino..NOT monday as the poster said.;)
Ok..You got me..
What I meant was Tuesday was Sept. 12th in Cupertino..NOT monday as the poster said.;)
xPismo
Sep 14, 12:12 AM
....
Quite Intersting
Rob
Really? Honestly, this is the most uninteresting Apple product since the Performa series in my opinion. Yawn. Not compelling. The SJ RDF will probably help my opinion, but still. My phone works. Thats all I need. (gah, am I getting old?!?!)
Quite Intersting
Rob
Really? Honestly, this is the most uninteresting Apple product since the Performa series in my opinion. Yawn. Not compelling. The SJ RDF will probably help my opinion, but still. My phone works. Thats all I need. (gah, am I getting old?!?!)
cube
Apr 14, 12:37 PM
The PC industry is plagued with lowest common denominator, low cost crap.
Apple and Intel are trying to move forward. We should support that.
Thunderbolt is a step backwards.
The MBPs could have DisplayPort 1.2 if it were not for the damned connector merge.
Apple and Intel are trying to move forward. We should support that.
Thunderbolt is a step backwards.
The MBPs could have DisplayPort 1.2 if it were not for the damned connector merge.
bitfactory
Oct 27, 09:27 AM
I'm a Green Peace supporter, but with Bush in the Whitehouse, don't they have bigger fish to fry?
It took almost 20 posts before GWB was mentioned. It seems the attention span of some folks is actually getting longer.
Now back on point, please.
The only reason GP is targeting Apple is because they think they actually have a shot at getting them to do something, and once Apple moves in response to GP, then they have ammo to go after the others.
GP is a dead movement - we need a fair, equitable organization to take its place.
It took almost 20 posts before GWB was mentioned. It seems the attention span of some folks is actually getting longer.
Now back on point, please.
The only reason GP is targeting Apple is because they think they actually have a shot at getting them to do something, and once Apple moves in response to GP, then they have ammo to go after the others.
GP is a dead movement - we need a fair, equitable organization to take its place.
PlaceofDis
Sep 26, 07:20 AM
Darn, was really hoping for T Mobile compatibility. Oh well, guess this was pretty expected. What about all the CDMA customers? After 6 months? Never? :confused:
well technically depending on how its implemnted... Cingular is GSM just like T-Mobile, which means that depending upon access and the way the phone is 'locked' it will work with T-Mobile too. i have T-Mobile and of course i didn't ever expect Apple to go with them, they just aren't big enough, but Cingular is, i just hope that Apple sells unlocked versions even if its at a premium, or that you can buy an unlocked version from Cingular.
well technically depending on how its implemnted... Cingular is GSM just like T-Mobile, which means that depending upon access and the way the phone is 'locked' it will work with T-Mobile too. i have T-Mobile and of course i didn't ever expect Apple to go with them, they just aren't big enough, but Cingular is, i just hope that Apple sells unlocked versions even if its at a premium, or that you can buy an unlocked version from Cingular.
obeygiant
Apr 10, 08:26 PM
LA Times (http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-ikea-union-20110410,0,4172495,full.story)
Well, the right has gotten what it wants. Low wages, no benefits, non-union jobs.
What next? Reintroduction of slavery?
Current and former plant employees said they resented the unpredictable work hours and high-pressure atmosphere. The plant assesses penalty points for violations of work rules; workers who accumulate nine of them can be fired.
"It's the most strict place I have ever worked," said Janis Wilborne, 63, who worked at the plant for two years and quit last year.
Six African American employees have filed discrimination complaints with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, claiming that black workers at Swedwood's U.S. factory are assigned to the lowest-paying departments and to the least desirable third shift, from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
"If we put in for a better job, we wouldn't get it � it would always go to a white person," said Jackie Maubin, who worked the night shift in the packing department until last year, when she was fired on her birthday.
Swedwood has been trying to settle four of the discrimination complaints through mediation. The company initially offered Maubin $1,000. She settled for $2,000. She said she needed the money to keep her car from being repossessed.
This sounds like IKEA is the one being a bitch.
Some of the Virginia plant's 335 workers are trying to form a union. The International Assn. of Machinists and Aerospace Workers said a majority of eligible employees had signed cards expressing interest.
In response, the factory � part of Ikea's manufacturing subsidiary, Swedwood � hired the law firm Jackson Lewis, which has made its reputation keeping unions out of companies. Workers said Swedwood officials required employees to attend meetings at which management discouraged union membership.
Plant officials didn't return calls and declined to meet with a Times reporter who visited the Virginia facility. Swedwood spokeswoman Ingrid Steen in Sweden called the situation in Danville "sad" but said she could not discuss the complaints of specific employees. She said she had heard "rumors" about anti-union meetings at the plant but added that "this wouldn't be anything that would be approved by the group management in Sweden."
I can't see how this is "the right's" fault. If so, why doesn't "the left" step in a help out?
Well, the right has gotten what it wants. Low wages, no benefits, non-union jobs.
What next? Reintroduction of slavery?
Current and former plant employees said they resented the unpredictable work hours and high-pressure atmosphere. The plant assesses penalty points for violations of work rules; workers who accumulate nine of them can be fired.
"It's the most strict place I have ever worked," said Janis Wilborne, 63, who worked at the plant for two years and quit last year.
Six African American employees have filed discrimination complaints with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, claiming that black workers at Swedwood's U.S. factory are assigned to the lowest-paying departments and to the least desirable third shift, from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
"If we put in for a better job, we wouldn't get it � it would always go to a white person," said Jackie Maubin, who worked the night shift in the packing department until last year, when she was fired on her birthday.
Swedwood has been trying to settle four of the discrimination complaints through mediation. The company initially offered Maubin $1,000. She settled for $2,000. She said she needed the money to keep her car from being repossessed.
This sounds like IKEA is the one being a bitch.
Some of the Virginia plant's 335 workers are trying to form a union. The International Assn. of Machinists and Aerospace Workers said a majority of eligible employees had signed cards expressing interest.
In response, the factory � part of Ikea's manufacturing subsidiary, Swedwood � hired the law firm Jackson Lewis, which has made its reputation keeping unions out of companies. Workers said Swedwood officials required employees to attend meetings at which management discouraged union membership.
Plant officials didn't return calls and declined to meet with a Times reporter who visited the Virginia facility. Swedwood spokeswoman Ingrid Steen in Sweden called the situation in Danville "sad" but said she could not discuss the complaints of specific employees. She said she had heard "rumors" about anti-union meetings at the plant but added that "this wouldn't be anything that would be approved by the group management in Sweden."
I can't see how this is "the right's" fault. If so, why doesn't "the left" step in a help out?
Radoo
Mar 22, 02:19 PM
Probably this is just a bump upgrade (at least they will be more powerful than the Macbook Pros). The next ones will come after Lion, with a new design, with touch screen displays (Apple patented some big moving touch-screens a few months ago).
iMeowbot
Oct 27, 03:34 PM
why are they mad about getting kicked out.
Why would they be mad about this? The disruption was clearly intentional - they did have a contract telling them what would be allowed - so that they could get themselves into the news.
Why would they be mad about this? The disruption was clearly intentional - they did have a contract telling them what would be allowed - so that they could get themselves into the news.
caspersoong
Apr 15, 02:44 AM
This is most unfortunate. Now that TB is a reality, it would be far better if Intel just kills USB 3.0 completely as fast as possible. There is absolutely no advantage whatsoever in having USB survive past 2.0 at this point. With 3.0 barely entering the market, there is no value in letting it get a foothold. It is pathetically obsolete compared to TB.
What is with the comments about wanting USB 3.0 on Macs? What a huge waste of time and money - you should be wanting TB on more peripherals. Even if Intel is going to be dumb enough to keep USB 3.0 around, hopefully Apple will hold the line and refuse to put it in Macs. With Apple's resurgent strength in the computer market while everyone else is tanking, that would be enough incentive to get the peripheral makers to adopt TB.
I must say I completely agree. We should stop looking at the past and move on.
What is with the comments about wanting USB 3.0 on Macs? What a huge waste of time and money - you should be wanting TB on more peripherals. Even if Intel is going to be dumb enough to keep USB 3.0 around, hopefully Apple will hold the line and refuse to put it in Macs. With Apple's resurgent strength in the computer market while everyone else is tanking, that would be enough incentive to get the peripheral makers to adopt TB.
I must say I completely agree. We should stop looking at the past and move on.
organerito
Apr 30, 06:05 PM
Because that huge base of thunderbolt based devices is overwhelming! :p
Or, Thunderbolt people must feel very special. There are about 10 of them in the world.:D
Or, Thunderbolt people must feel very special. There are about 10 of them in the world.:D
MarcelV
Aug 31, 08:38 PM
Apple bought Worldcom's new telecom switch center.
Google is buying Nortel's dark fiber.
Google's CEO is on Apple's board.
Nobody is going to run fiber to the last mile.
The solution is Intel wimax and Samsung 4G.
I told you so.
Rocketman
While it sounds good, I don't see this happen soon at all. Also, Verizon disagrees with you, because they are pulling fiber to the homes in several (large) cities and more to come. The investment for 4G (802.16e I assume you're talking about)will be much too high while not providing enough guarantees it will be financial feasible in short and mid term to make shareholders feel confortable. But if it will, Apple will get my money :) But are there enough gadget geeks like me in the world? That will make or break the project.....
Google is buying Nortel's dark fiber.
Google's CEO is on Apple's board.
Nobody is going to run fiber to the last mile.
The solution is Intel wimax and Samsung 4G.
I told you so.
Rocketman
While it sounds good, I don't see this happen soon at all. Also, Verizon disagrees with you, because they are pulling fiber to the homes in several (large) cities and more to come. The investment for 4G (802.16e I assume you're talking about)will be much too high while not providing enough guarantees it will be financial feasible in short and mid term to make shareholders feel confortable. But if it will, Apple will get my money :) But are there enough gadget geeks like me in the world? That will make or break the project.....
Optimus Frag
Apr 23, 12:54 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)
Aren't intel in the process on implementing Open CL?

Pictures of iphone 3gs white

white iphone 3gs white. white

white iphone 3gs 16gb. iphone

white iphone 3gs 32gb. iphone

iPhone 3G 16GB white bare back

iPhone 3GS Rear Back Case 32GB

white iphone 4 pictures.
Aren't intel in the process on implementing Open CL?
SeaFox
Sep 27, 01:50 AM
I mean, if Motorola can sell 50 million of their stupid RAZR phones, then Apple should be able to sell as many iPhones as they can ramp up to manufacture in the next couple of years!!
The RAZR was a smash because it was very stylish (which the Apple iPhone will certainly be, too). But it also has been huge because every carrier has had it available on subsidy, and it's been available in more than one color. Something I don't expect from the iPhone.
It's also been such a huge seller because they are junk inside. I imagine every time a carrier has to replace a RAZR because it was insured Motorola counts it as another "sale".
The RAZR was a smash because it was very stylish (which the Apple iPhone will certainly be, too). But it also has been huge because every carrier has had it available on subsidy, and it's been available in more than one color. Something I don't expect from the iPhone.
It's also been such a huge seller because they are junk inside. I imagine every time a carrier has to replace a RAZR because it was insured Motorola counts it as another "sale".
bstpierre
Nov 13, 02:01 PM
I have to disagree. Rogue Amoeba in *no way* violated Trademark or Copyright rules with this. In fact, they used Apple's own OS X APIs.
w00master
I agree with you. If they are using an image sent by Mac OS X for just such a purpose they are not doing anything wrong.
It makes me think that maybe there are some lowly app reviewers who are letting the power go to their heads.
w00master
I agree with you. If they are using an image sent by Mac OS X for just such a purpose they are not doing anything wrong.
It makes me think that maybe there are some lowly app reviewers who are letting the power go to their heads.
jonhaxor
Mar 30, 12:12 PM
I'm thinkin' Apple should have gone with "iApp Store" (u heard it here FIRST! Let me get a trademark/patent on that) b/c Microsoft is just a big ole' COPYCAT...lol :D
hardly original .. holyshnikes beat you to it about 3 years ago
personally - I like the appapp store, or perhaps the appsmear (goes well with the ipad for feminine hygiene)
hardly original .. holyshnikes beat you to it about 3 years ago
personally - I like the appapp store, or perhaps the appsmear (goes well with the ipad for feminine hygiene)
Dr.Gargoyle
Sep 14, 11:08 AM
OK, I'm new to Macs, and so I've never made a What's-Steve-gonna-do-next prediction before, but you guys are having too much fun; so I'm gonna give it a try!
I think Apple set a precedent with the release of the C2D IMacs. It was a quiet release, and Steve didn't even mention them at Tuesday's presentation. I don't see why he would do anything different with the MBP's, unless Apple is releasing a drastically new model of the MBP, which I doubt since they have not even been out a year. So, if we get C2D MBP around this event, it will be next Tues or Wed, and it will be a semi-quiet release, just like the IMacs.
I do think we'll see new cinema displays. Apple recently dropped the price of the current models and "updated" the specs, but I'm not convinced that there was actually any change in the hardware. There is no standardization to the monitor specs, so there's probably quite a bit of freedom that can be taken into assigning the different numbers. I called Apple store a few weeks ago to ask them about the new specs, and the guy didn't even know they had changed! I think the recent price drop signals an upgrade in the near future, and what better forum than a photography convention?
Of course, I also think Aperture 2 will be there as well. I would also guess at new ISight cameras. The old ones are definitely starting to show their age, especially for the price.
So to sum up:
1. Possible quiet release of C2D MBP next week.
2. Aperture 2, ISight camera, and new displays on the 24th.
Just my thoughts.
That was fun!
so new and yet so insightful... I dont know about the displays, but the rest sounds resonable to me at least. :)
I think Apple set a precedent with the release of the C2D IMacs. It was a quiet release, and Steve didn't even mention them at Tuesday's presentation. I don't see why he would do anything different with the MBP's, unless Apple is releasing a drastically new model of the MBP, which I doubt since they have not even been out a year. So, if we get C2D MBP around this event, it will be next Tues or Wed, and it will be a semi-quiet release, just like the IMacs.
I do think we'll see new cinema displays. Apple recently dropped the price of the current models and "updated" the specs, but I'm not convinced that there was actually any change in the hardware. There is no standardization to the monitor specs, so there's probably quite a bit of freedom that can be taken into assigning the different numbers. I called Apple store a few weeks ago to ask them about the new specs, and the guy didn't even know they had changed! I think the recent price drop signals an upgrade in the near future, and what better forum than a photography convention?
Of course, I also think Aperture 2 will be there as well. I would also guess at new ISight cameras. The old ones are definitely starting to show their age, especially for the price.
So to sum up:
1. Possible quiet release of C2D MBP next week.
2. Aperture 2, ISight camera, and new displays on the 24th.
Just my thoughts.
That was fun!
so new and yet so insightful... I dont know about the displays, but the rest sounds resonable to me at least. :)
Xenious
Sep 26, 08:33 AM
What a joy killer. Launch the iphone as network independant then let carriers subsidize it if they want. Even if I was a cingular customer I sure do not want a phone locked to any one carrier. All of this because we (americans in general) only want cheap cheap subsidized phones.
The good news here is that it will likelye be GSM based (hello world).
The good news here is that it will likelye be GSM based (hello world).
generik
Aug 29, 07:37 AM
Lol.
Store is still up, i don't think today is the day.
What time is it in the Americas now?
Store is still up, i don't think today is the day.
What time is it in the Americas now?
HarryKeogh
Apr 25, 02:42 PM
Could just be me, but I think the design is perfect. Apple is still way ahead of the competition with the unibody design. How much better can it get?
When my mom was a cool, happening chick in the early '70s and added avocado green appliances to replace those big, white 50's-era appliances she looked around her new kitchen and thought to herself "Wow. Gorgeous! How much better can it get?"
And I'm sure in 15 years my kids will tell their friends "Ugh, my parents have that 2010-era stainless and granite kitchen. So hideous".
I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm hungry.
When my mom was a cool, happening chick in the early '70s and added avocado green appliances to replace those big, white 50's-era appliances she looked around her new kitchen and thought to herself "Wow. Gorgeous! How much better can it get?"
And I'm sure in 15 years my kids will tell their friends "Ugh, my parents have that 2010-era stainless and granite kitchen. So hideous".
I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm hungry.
NickFalk
Apr 29, 03:58 AM
Haha, you're funny. I'm no fan of the Xbox, but you've got to be kidding if you think Nintendo is ever really going to kill Sony/MS. Nintendo may have sold the most consoles, but most main virtually unused, cos the Wii is woefully under-powered, propped up by the same old kiddy franchises and once you get past the new gimmicks gets boring fast.
mkjellman
Aug 29, 08:22 AM
nice apple, common i really need a new computer, i feel like the original powerbook g4 al waiting game all over again!
milo
Sep 5, 05:15 PM
Mmmmm....how much?
I get unlimited DVD rentals via post, 3 at a time- latest released.
Add MTR and toast...match that Apple then I'll be interested
I don't think it's realistic to expect apple to match the "deal" you can get from pirating dvd's. :rolleyes:
I get unlimited DVD rentals via post, 3 at a time- latest released.
Add MTR and toast...match that Apple then I'll be interested
I don't think it's realistic to expect apple to match the "deal" you can get from pirating dvd's. :rolleyes:
bigandy
Oct 27, 10:27 AM
and nobody noticed this?
The group had purchased a small both with contract terms to only hand out leaflets within their assigned area and to not take photographs at other stands.
booth! not both! :rolleyes:
The group had purchased a small both with contract terms to only hand out leaflets within their assigned area and to not take photographs at other stands.
booth! not both! :rolleyes:
aswitcher
Sep 15, 07:06 PM
Wow...that would be ideal! Mucho $$ too.
Oh, and GPS of course ;)
Oh, and GPS of course ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment